March 4-8, 2016
Six posters presented at ORS 2016 in Orlando, Florida:
• Poster #1010: How Well Does Kinematically Aligned Total Knee Arthroplasty Prevent Clinically Important Changes in Laxities and Shifts in the Neutral Positions of the Tibiofemoral Joint? (Download poster)
• Poster #1011: How Many Days Can Laxity be Measured in a Human Cadaveric Knee with a TKA Before Clinically Important Changes Occur? (Download poster)
• Poster #1027: Does Kinematic Alignment and Flexion of a Femoral Component Designed for Mechanical Alignment Reduce the Proximal and Lateral Reach of the Trochlea? (Download poster)
• Poster #1110: Morphological Errors of Three-Dimensional Bone Models of the Distal Femur and Proximal Tibia Obtained Using Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Computed Tomography with Different Slice Thicknesses (Download poster)
• Poster #1383: Is the Location of the Tibial Wear Cavity Associated with Internal-External Rotation of the Tibia in the Non-Weight Bearing Osteoarthritic Knee? (Download poster)
• Poster #1869: Do Varus-Valgus and Internal-External Malalignments of the Femoral Component in Kinematically Aligned TKA Cause Changes in Contact Force Imbalance and Laxities? (Download poster)
March 11-18, 2014
Three scientific exhibits and one poster presented at AAOS 2014 in New Orleans, Louisiana:
• Poster 119: Can Tibial Reference Lines Common to Mechanically Aligned TKA Be Used to Set Tibial Component Rotation in Kinematically Aligned TKA? (Download poster)
Four posters presented at ORS 2014 in New Orleans, Louisiana:
• Poster 808: How Does Transecting the Anterior Cruciate Ligament Change the Limits of Passive Motion and Affect the Clinical Assessment of Laxity in TKA? (Download poster)
• Poster 855: Laxities of the Normal Knee at 0° and 90° Flexion: A Benchmark for Assessing Soft Tissue Balance in TKA (Download poster)
• Poster 1745: Can Tibial Reference Lines Common to Mechanically Aligned TKA Be Used to Set Tibial Component Rotation in Kinematically Aligned TKA? (Download poster)
• Poster 1731: How Frequently Does Mechanically Aligning a Total Knee Arthroplasty with the Knee Set at 5° or 7° Valgus Cause Collateral Ligament Imbalance and Change Alignment from Normal? (Download poster)
June 26-29, 2013
Two podium presentations at the ASME 2013 Summer Bioengineering Conference in Sunriver, Oregon:
• Validation of a Novel 3D-Printed Instrumented Spatial Linkage that Measures Changes in the Rotational Axes of the Tibiofemoral Joint (Download abstract).
Session 15-2-1, Wed, June 26 3:45-5:15PM
• Envelopes of Passive Motion in the Intact Tibiofemoral Joint: An In Vitro Study (Download abstract).
Session 15-2-2, Wed, June 26 5:30-7:00PM
June 20-23, 2012
Two poster presentations at the ASME 2012 Summer Bioengineering Conference in Fajardo, Puerto Rico:
• A Computational Analysis of Error in Locating the Rotational Axes of the Tibiofemoral Joint With an Instrumented Spatial Linkage (Download abstract).
• How Frequently Do Five Total Knee Arthroplasty Methods Change the Alignment of the Joint Lines and Limb From Normal? (Download abstract).
May 2-5, 2012
Four presentations by Dr. Howell at the 15th Annual ESSKA Conference in Geneva, Switzerland:
• Kinematically-Aligned TKA Improves Patient Satisfaction: My Observations from 2000 TKAs
• Patient-Specific Instrumentation (PSI) Work-But Be Watchful
• Single Tunnel ACL Reconstruction: Tunnel Placement Guidelines for Optimal Results
• Clinical, Mechanical, and Biologic Evidence Supports the Early Return to Sport After ACL Reconstruction
Feb 7-11, 2012
Scientific Exhibit presented at AAOS 2012 titled: Considerations for Measuring Coronal Alignment and an Analysis of Total Knee Arthroplasty Alignment Techniques (Download presentation materials here).